Get Prepared and Stay Prepared
Get Prepared and Stay Prepared
August 10, 2017
Many people are getting very concerned about the situation with North Korea and you may be one of them. The thought of getting into a nuclear conflict with an out of control leader is very scary. Nukes could be launched at the United States. You may be feeling a lot of uncertainty. You don’t know what to do. Or you don’t have any control of this situation. But you have probably felt this way before and just don’t remember it.
Think back to your school days when you had a major test or final exam coming up. You may have been in a situation where this last test may be what decided whether or not you passed or failed. You had a lot of anxiety in the weeks leading up to it. So how did you handle the situation? Did you spend a little time each day getting ready for the test or did you wait until the last minute and cram, doing all the studying at once? Or maybe you just decided it was too late and you’d just take your chances? If you did the right thing and studied, you probably survived the exam. The key is that you prepared for what was coming.
The key to surviving any situation is how you prepare for it. During the late 1950’s and early 1960’s many people installed bomb shelters in preparing for a nuclear war. Everyone stocked at least 30 days of food and water for an event that could change their lives dramatically. Back then the government was telling people to get prepared. We are in a very similar situation with the fear of nuclear war with not only North Korea, but also with China, Russia and Iran. But for some reason our government and the media are not warning us to get prepared.
Many people are saying it. We are saying it. Get Prepared! Here is what you need to do to get prepared to survive a nuclear attack.
- Buy a water filter. You need clean water to survive every single day. There will be plenty of water around you but you must clean it to survive. Get the Sawyer Mini Water Filter. It is guaranteed to filter 100,000 gallons of water. And it is only $24.99.
- Get a 30-day food supply. We suggest buying 30 Mountain House pouches for each member of your family. They average about $10.00 each and have at least 2 servings per pouch. You just add two cups of boiling water to the pouch and let it sit for ten minutes.
- Buy the book, How to Survive the End of the World as we Know It by James Wesley, Rawles. It is a great How-To book that takes you through the many steps of survival.
- Have a powerful two-way radio so you can listen for critical information and also call out to others for help. We suggest the Baofeng UV-5r. It is a 5-watt radio that can reach about 5 miles. It is also a ham radio so you should get your amateur radio Technician license. You can get that through P5 Preparedness as well.
- If there is a nuclear incident, you need to protect yourself from fallout. The first item you will need is Potassium Iodate to protect your thyroid glands from absorbing the radiation. If you will be outside you’ll need to protect your skin and lungs. Get Tyvek suits and military grade gas masks.
Once you have your basic preparations covered, it will relieve some of the anxiety you have and give you piece of mind that you can take care of your family. Develop a plan on how you can become prepared for any emergency by improving your skills such as first aid, communications or outdoor survival. Get the gear you need and practice using it. If you need help with your plans, call or come by P5 Preparedness.
Copyright ©2013-2017 P5preparedness.com